There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle......
The other is as though everything is a miracle.

~Albert Einstein~

SWEET DENAYE

Denaye in her Little Mermaid costume that she picked out in Disneyland for her birthday.

Denaye is such a sweet, funny tender-hearted little girl. Last week Taylor (her older brother) and I were having a conversation about what area of engineering Taylor should specialize in. For those of you that are not familiar with Denaye....she needs to be part of every conversation. She talks nonstop....it's exhausting at times. Anyway so here we are discussing what Taylor should be when he grows up(he's already 21...but you know what I mean) and in the middle of our conversation Denaye pipes up and says.....I know what you should be Taylor......a coconut picker......well we laughed so hard, we cried.....
Denaye is always saying funny things that she does not even know are funny...we have laughed so many times at the things she says. She had a lot of ideas that she was talking about yesterday and I told her she was very smart....her reply that's because I use my brain.
Well she also has such a tender heart...she melts when someone tells her that they love her. She always makes sure that I get my morning kiss and hug...so sweet. We were walking the other day and talking about Ethiopia. She has very few memories of her life there(or so I thought), but on this day I mentioned that one day we would like to go there and visit. Her response caught me off guard because she talks so little about her life there that I just assumed her memories had faded. Her response might not seem like much to many of you, but it was really quite life-changing for me. After I said that we would like to go and visit......her response......mama that's a great idea.....she hesitated and then added "when we go can we take them some food because they always have to look for it"
I was speechless, but quickly added of course. My eyes welled up with tears.....what a tender-heart she has. All I could think of is I wonder what has become of Denaye's birth family.....in North amercia we don't ever wonder where our food comes from. It must have seemed really strange to the girls when we ate meals 3 times a day here and in Ethiopia they were lucky if they had one. I was quietly reminded once again how lucky I am to be their mother. The conversation ended as innocently as it started and she was off playing with her friends. One day we will go back....and I will take them food.

3 Comments:

  1. Sharla said...
    Oh my! That is so touching! That almost brought tears to my eyes. She is so sweet and her observation so profound.
    Dancin' Momma said...
    Oh that is so amazing, she was so small when we saw her at the AO Adoption Seminar, she is growing into a beautiful young lady. When we go to pick up our little man, we will bring food.
    Julie M. said...
    what a beautiful story, and a kind heart your daughter has. Thanks for sharing :)

Post a Comment