There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle......
The other is as though everything is a miracle.

~Albert Einstein~

WE ARE FAMILY

Today is 6 months since we stepped off that airplane with Denaye and Maya. We became a family of 8 on September 6, 2007. I can't believe how quickly time has gone. When we were waiting for the girls, time seemed to drag and now that they are here....it's business as usaul. We have all found a new normal with the addition of females into our home and the boys adore their sisters and the girls adore their brothers. They fight though....just today as we were leaving to take a friend home, Sam and Maya were fighting over who should sit where in the van. Life has become normal around here and I am so glad. When we first arrived we were dealing with the girls trying to figure out what just happened to their familiar life they used to know in Ethiopia. I think back to all of the changes that they have gone through and I am amazed and proud of their courage, their acceptance of us, their unconditional love, but most of all their trust. They have truely become part of our family and yes the road was a bit bumpy at first, but we can't imagine life without them anymore. Maya is so expressive and full of energy, she really needs to be in dance classes. Her favorite thing to do is do dance and sing to Hanna Montana and High School Musical. In the fall she will be starting ballet classes...she is so excited, but has no idea how long till the fall really is. I wish we could do it before, but we have a very busy summer. Denaye is slow to trust and more cautious, but her smile lights up a room. She loves simple things like a story or a walk or making cookies with grandma. We are blessed to have such wonderful children and I thank god for them everyday. Life is so much better now that I get to shop for girl stuff!!!!!!


10 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    congratulations......friends!!

    Love, Heather, Jim and Samra
    Anonymous said...
    Happy 6 months! Denaye looks so much older now ... scary isn't it. :)

    I am planning a SK/AB road trip in June sometime by the way ... if we are going to make it to Edmonton I will be in touch... Tinsae would love to see Maya.

    june
    The Turgeon Expansion said...
    Congrats on the 6 month mark! Very cute pictures!

    Rhonda
    The Warren Family said...
    What a beautiful family you have! Congratulations on 6 months!!
    Lisa said...
    I read about a dozen blogs and yours is one of my top favorite, (I have 2 favorites). I love the way you write about them and I can't wait to bring my 2 girls home this Summer. Waiting on my referrals any day now!!!
    Lisa
    www.my2ethiopiangirls.blogspot.com
    Julie M. said...
    Happy 6 months! The girls look & sound like they are doing wonderful :)
    Lisa said...
    You honestly have the most georgous kids!!!! All of them are just beautiful... so happy for you guys.
    Anonymous said...
    They look like they are just flourishing! Happy 6 month Anniversary!
    Anonymous said...
    Congratulations!!! The girls have fit in perfectly. AND you all look so happy! Guess all the angst and waiting is just to prepare for reflections like yours Debbie.
    Hope to meet you all sometime with the Blake brood....
    Hugs.....
    Nana Carol
    Anonymous said...
    I love seeing the picture of you three girls together!!

    On a totally different note, Debbie, I have tagged you!
    http://rowanfamilytree.wordpress.com/2008/03/15/10-random-things/

Post a Comment