There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle......
The other is as though everything is a miracle.

~Albert Einstein~

THE COUNTDOWN IS ON


In the adoption world all you seem to do is wait, wait and then wait some more. Throughout this whole journey we have done our best to hurry up and get our part done (the paperwork) and then leave the rest up to our Adoption Agency. As the saying goes.....Hurry up and Wait. We leave in 3 weeks from today for Ethiopia. This part is going by really fast......now I am almost feeling like I am not ready for all of this. We have been praying for our girls since before we knew them and now that they are coming home......well I just feel so blessed. The room is ready, clothes are bought, toys are in place and most of all our hearts are ready to welcome these precious girls into our family. This has been an interesting rollercoaster ride of emmotions. Last night we met a couple who are at the very beginning of their journey....we are so excited for them. I am selfishly excited that there will be a connection for our girls to their birth country. The journey hasn't been easy......I am not a patient person and this has been all about patience....waiting and relying and trusting in other people and more importantly, God. These next 3 weeks are going to be our last as a family of 6. I want to create special memories for our boys before we go. Rod and I will also be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary this year.......I was 12 when we got married!!! This year is a year of change......and it has been wonderful. We look forward to where God is leading our family.......like I said before......I think the road is leading to Africa.

~Debbie~

4 Comments:

  1. Jody said...
    Congrats!! How exciting!! I can not wait to see you with your "whole family".
    Jody
    Anonymous said...
    Hi!!
    I have been following your update for months.... I (we) know exactly how you felt having to wait!!! What a blessing to be done the wait now!!!! Those precious girls won't know what hit them!!!! How exciting!!!!! I relived Josiah's adoption all over again!!!
    Congrats, Roxanne & Roger Powers
    Unknown said...
    HOw incredibly exciting!! 3 weeks!!! That will be so quickly!! can't wait to see those awesome pictures of you and your family all together!!!
    Anonymous said...
    I am so excited for your family, and I have to say that it has been so amazing for me to see this whole experience through Kyle. He is an incredible young man,and it is so cool to see the excitement and joy of your whole family as reflected by Kyle. I wish you all the best, and I can't wait to meet (I hope) my future students. Best wishes to you all, Tara Copeman (Kyle's teacher)

Post a Comment