There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle......
The other is as though everything is a miracle.

~Albert Einstein~

JUST BEGINNING

Here we are the day before we leave for Ethiopia. It seemed at times this day was never going to arrive, but yet here we are. Many people have been asking us if we are excited etc. When I stopped to think about what it was that I was actually feeling....it really is not excitement, although I am, but it is more of a feeling of contentment. I am so ready for this! I am anxious for the trip to start and at times I get butterflies in my stomache and other times I feel panic. This journey has at times seemed like it was never going to end.....and yet tommorrow we are really just beginning. I know many of you have prayed for us, encouraged us, and have been an incredible support.....we are so thankful for that. It is so reassuring to know that people are praying for you. Please continue to do that as we begin our travels tommorrow. I am going to miss my boys so much. Last night we had our last family night together as a family of 6. I made tacos (their favorite) and we played cards. It doesn't sound all that exciting, but it was important to me to have one final evening together where it was us.......the boys and us just hanging out. Tommorrow we will board that airplane and fly to our little girls.....our lives forever changed! Rod and I are both anxious to get going and begin a new life together as a family of 8.

I will not be able to update from Ethiopia....so I will make sure and post the pictures of the girls as soon as I can. I am so excited to introduce them to our friends and family. Please keep us in your prayers as we beging our trip to our girls tommorrow. Thanks again for all your support over this last year....it has meant the world to us!!!

~Debbie~

13 Comments:

  1. Lisa said...
    OH my goodness, Debbie!! Have a WONDERFUL TRIP!! Can't wait to hear all about it when you return!
    Sherri said...
    This is so thrilling to hear!!! These girls are SO BLESSED to have you as parents...what a great family they will be welcomed into!!!
    Unknown said...
    THis is soooo exciting!! I can't wait to hear all about it!! How wonderful!! Enjoy your trip...as if you wouldn't!! :):)
    Sebrina Wilson said...
    I'm so excited for you!!!! Have a wonderful trip!!
    Julie M. said...
    WOW....we too are very excited for you and your family this day has finally come, and wish you a great trip, and wonderful gotcha day! You will be in our thoughts & can't wait to see pic's when you return!

    Julie
    Anonymous said...
    Looking forward to meeting you in Addis!! (or possibly the Frankfurt airport...)

    June
    Lisa, Pierre, Marika,Karelle, Yakim, Tarik and Zavier said...
    Have a wonderful trip !!!!!

    Can't wait to hear all about it and see pictures of your family together for the first time !!

    Enjoy every minute !

    Lisa
    Anonymous said...
    Can't wait to hear all about your trip and to see those beautiful faces in person. They are truly blessed to be coming into your loving family and you are so priviledged to be able to be their parents...how amazing God is to have worked all that out! Good luck on your travels and I'll see you when you get back!
    Dianne said...
    How exciting! Have a wonderful trip, and I can't wait to hear all about it!
    Anonymous said...
    Have a wonderful time with your girls!! Can't wait to meet them.
    Nasim
    Rhonda Turgeon said...
    Have a fantastic trip.. I can't wait to hear all about it!

    Rhonda
    Deanna said...
    GOODLUCK! I can't wait to see them! I pray you have a safe time there, and back!
    Rebecca said...
    can't wait to hear about the trip and see pics!! :)

Post a Comment