There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle......
The other is as though everything is a miracle.

~Albert Einstein~

The guys who are the giraffes are on stilts.

Raffiki was an amazing singer in the opening seen...Circle of Life......Timon and Pumba were so funny in this show....amazing how they made the animals come to life.

Presenting Simba...


Last night Sam and I went and saw The Lion King musical at the jubilee. It was spectacular......the costumes, the music...everything about it was amazing. I can't even put into words how fantastic of a show it was. I am sad to say that Sam has never actually seen the movie The Lion King.....it was before his time. We used to own it, but that was way back when and it was in VHS format....so it is long gone. I will have to buy it when Disney releases it again. Anyway back to the show. The opening scene when Simba's birth is celebrated was so elaborate it took my breath away. If you are considering going to see it I highly recommend it. Young children under the age of 8 might be a little frightened.....there is just something real about live performance that can freak young kids out. I absolutely loved it and I would go again in a heartbeat. Disney really knows how to put on a show....so worth the money. Rod had received 2 tickets from Disney...media comp tickets......I wish we could have gotten more. Maya would have loved it, but Denaye would have been so freaked out. Since I took Maya to a Ballet last fall it was Sam's turn...next time a show comes up it will be Denaye's turn. I may consider buying tickets and take my mom to see the show.....she would love it.

3 Comments:

  1. hazel said...
    I remember seeing this in Toronto. The very first opening seconds took my breath away also and I had tears pricking at my eyes. I will never ever forget those first moments. It's an amazing show. Hopefully you'll be able to take all your kids to see it the next time around.
    The Hattons... said...
    Oh I can't wait to see it. We are going in another week. Our aunt bought Mikiyas a ticket. Is there anything I need warning on that will scare him?
    Anonymous said...
    I remember my dad taking us to this and saying how we had really good seats. I couldn't understand why as we weren't very close until that opening scene. I was probably about 9 but I can vividly remember all the actors coming out in their breathtaking costumes to one of my favorite songs. It's one of best experiences as a family that all of us can agree on.

Post a Comment