There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle......
The other is as though everything is a miracle.

~Albert Einstein~

PACKAGES FOR THE GIRLS

There is a family from B.C. going to Ethiopia next month to get their son and bring him home.....congratulations to them, their wait is almost over. Anyway they offered to take a package for our girls to the foster home and give it to them. I was so excited and so grateful that they would do this for us. It really means a lot. It is the first thing that I have been able to do for them. I did not think it would be this difficult to come up with some items for each of them. I have to keep the packages small....as there will not be a lot of extra room......so I came up with some stuff that can be folded quite small. This is Maya's little package. In it we put a little t-shirt a necklace/bracelet set, a small picture book and last , but most importantly a small photo album. In the photo album will be pictures of the boys and us. There may be other pictures as well, but I don't want to overwhelm them to much, but I would like them to be able to see who we are. We are going to take a family picture with us holding the girl's picture so hopefully the picture will be able to tell them what we cannot.....that they belong in our family.
This next picture is Denaye's little package. We put a little t-shirt, a purple stuffed hippo that makes a noise when you shake him, a soft covered picture book and of course her own photo album. We really hope that the photo album helps them understand a little bit about where they are going and that they have a family waiting for them. We will label the album and hopefully someone will be able to help them with it. I had fun putting together the packages for the girls. It felt real...like we actually have daughters and I could do something for them. It's not much, but at this point it's all I have.....and a couple of pictures of them. We continue to pray for a quick travel time.
Thanks for checking in and your comments always mean so much.....please continue to pray for us if you think of it.
God Bless
~Debbie~

4 Comments:

  1. Misty said...
    Hi. you have no clue who I am. Ironically, i found your blog because my husband has cousins named Rod and Debbie and I was googling info on their farm. My heart melted at the bits and pieces I gathered of your story!
    what a beautiful thing you are waiting for! the packages are lovely! I hope you don't mind if this stranger sends up a prayer on behalf of the completion of your family! What a journey you are on!
    Unknown said...
    You have great little items there to send your girls. I think I'll send a little dress, stuffed dog like my real one, stickers of stars and maybe a light book and some more photos. What do you think of the name Angelica at the beginning of her ethiopian names?
    Tao's Mommy said...
    Yayyy...isnt that so exciting to now shop for your girls!!! You put together wonderful gifts to send to them...they will be so excited!!! And how extra special to have that family take them for you....(maybe they will get some new pictures of the girls for you).
    Anonymous said...
    This is so incredible Debbie - I can't believe you get to send them stuff! Wow. How amazing.

Post a Comment