There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle......
The other is as though everything is a miracle.

~Albert Einstein~

COMPASSION CANADA


We have been thinking for awhile now about sponsoring a child from Ethiopia, more specificly Addis Ababa. We already sponsor a little girl from India and she is doing very well. Last week I called compassion Canada up and talked to them about it. After talking with them, we decided to go ahead and do it. I did not give any specifics about age or whether it was a girl or a boy. My only request was that the child had to be from the Addis area and to choose one that had been wating the longest. We would like to visit the child when we go there and take gifts etc for the child and their family. They e-mailed the other day saying they had someone for us and they would be mailing out the information to us. I was very excited and they also sent us our visitation request forms to fill out. If everyone of us did a little we could accomplish a lot. Check out Compassion's website http://www.compassion.ca/ . There are a lot of kids who need someone to care.......
~Debbie~

2 Comments:

  1. Ricki said...
    That is so awesome Debbie! We decided to sponsor a child from Ethiopia through Compassion when our dossier landed. She is so sweet and I can't wait to meet her when we go to Ethiopia. I will actually be able to visit her twice, once in October when I'm on the expedition and then again when we go pick up our baby! I can hardly wait!
    The Hattons... said...
    Congratulations on this new addition! One of the most memorable experiences from our trip to Addis was visiting our sponsor child through Compassion. It is so rewarding and filled with joy. I'm so happy for you, and for your child.

Post a Comment