There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle......
The other is as though everything is a miracle.

~Albert Einstein~

DINNER WITH FRIENDS

On Saturday night Rod, Sam and I went out for dinner to a restaurant called Langano Skies. It serves authentic Ethiopian food. I wasn't sure if I would like it or not because I am not the adventurous type when it comes to food. I liked it and of course so did Rod. He likes anything. Sam liked it as well. We will definitely do it again. What made the evening so special was that we met with other families in the Edmonton area who are also in various stages of adopting from Ethiopia. There were a couple of families who were home with their children and so we got to meet some of the kids. Sam had a great time and made some new friends. It was so nice to talk with people who have faced the same struggles that we are going through. We had such a good time. We will do it again....maybe a barbeque or something. It turned out that the restaurant is owned by the parents of one of Taylor's good friends......what a small world. We had no idea, but then again this is a whole new experience for us in every way. We are enjoying the process as hard as it is to wait......I wouldn't trade this experience for anything. In a few short (long) months we will be bringing our girls home.....can't wait for that day!!!

~Debbie~

2 Comments:

  1. MJmerrick said...
    I would like to try this some time!!
    Anonymous said...
    I had a super fun time too. so nice to meet you!

Post a Comment