There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle......
The other is as though everything is a miracle.

~Albert Einstein~

FAMILY

This is my sister Jody and her husband Mike and their 3 kids, Zack, Emily and Jonah. I wish Jody could go with us to Ethiopia when we go to get the girls. It would be nice to have her along. She is my best friend and I would just like her there. Emily is so excited to have another couple of girls around so she can play with them. When she comes over to our house it's all about the boys. Emily had Sam convinced for awhile to play house with her, but now that he's older it's just not gonna happen. We went shopping the other day and I found some other bedding that I liked for the girls. Jody convinced me to buy it, so now after all that fuss about thinking I had found the perfect bedding, I now like the new one better, so I took the other one back. I think Jody thinks I'm going a little overboard with the shopping......I probably am, but after 19 years of buying nothing , but boy toys and boy clothes, I am going to enjoy every minute of it. I love my boys and I think they are the most special boys in the world. They are only used to having boy things around as well, so they think I'm going a little crazy too. After all that being said....the first thing they do whenever anybody comes over is show them the girls room.....so I think they are loving it, but just don't want to admit it. They all give me a hard time, but we all can't wait for the day we bring the girls home.

It was kind of a hard day today. I was a little sad...no a lot sad......that we have no idea when we can go and get the girls. I look at their pictures everyday and wonder what they are doing, if they are learning anything new, or if they are sad or happy. I also think of how they must be feeling and it overwhelms me sometimes.....not being able to be there. Anyway some days are good and some days are bad, but in the end I know it will all work out the way it's supposed to, some days just need to go by a little quicker. If you think of the girls, say a little prayer for them, that would be safe and get to come home quick. Thanks for your continued support.

God Bless
~Debbie~

2 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Hi Deb,
    Just wanted you to know that I've already been praying for the girls, that God would watch over them and keep them safe until they arrive in your (our) family. I can understand how you feel because you think of them as your daughters already, and that's just what we do when our children are away from us, isn't it? I know God has them in His protection. Great communicating with you through your blog.
    Love & Prayers,
    Renee
    DEBRA said...
    Thanks Renee,

    It's nice to know someone is praying....

    Debbie

Post a Comment